It's been a while since I posted anything in my photo-a-day for 365-days challenge….
44 – after people had spent 2 or 3 hours digging their car out of the snow they became very possessive of their spot. Although there is nothing on the books which says if you dug it you keep it, it is considered bad form for another driver to sneak in there – people have been seriously hurt when doing that! People mark their cleared spaces with all sorts of household items. I thought this was a pretty fancy marker: I didn't want the spot but I wouldn't mind the chair:
45 - last year when I started my "Remember December" diet project the first thing to go was my Sunday morning cinnamon (sticky) bun. On Valentines Day I bought one at the Sticky Fingers bakery – my first one in 7 or 8 or 9 months - oh, it tasted sooooooooo good:
46: these are my trusty winter boots waiting for me to finish work on one of the storm days. They didn't get much wear last winter but they were truly tested this one and they kept me upright through all the snow and ice.
47. Pretty blue all in a row (seen on the side of an apartment building_
48. Little Rose – when I left Australia a friend gave me Rose to keep me safe in my travels. She travelled back and forth in my suitcase for about 5 years but then she started demanding a better seat….. then she got left on the shelf:
49. Scrambling over a pile of snow would put me off going to the gym. Actually a lot less than a pile of snow puts me off the gym…
50. Coming up the escalators out of my metro station - something I haven't done this week because I haven't been to work since the broken bone incident. I love all the lines and angles in this shot.
51: Our old fashioned neighbourhood hardware store - this is where the manservant bought the super shiny red snow shovel…..
52. It was very hard around this date not to get snow in outdoor photos – here it is melting:
53. This is going to be my CVS store - sort of pathetic to be so excited about a chainstore pharmacy but I"m really looking forward to having my legal drug supply closer to home:
54. Early morning light – that time when there is not a lot of real colour in the sky above the hue of the sun rising:
55. Next evening looking down the alley – dressed up in sepia.
56 – lest you think that my broken bone incident put me off my photo challenge!! Never – I took two photos on the 26th! My camera setting was still on sepia when I took the first one: And, I hadn't quite mastered the art of holding the camera in my weaker left hand.
56a: My knees were really sore after my "trip" – though I didn't notice that they were sore until I got home because I'd spent all my time in emergency in a wheelchair!. This shows some questionable taste in knee high socks and a pink kneecap (and my survival kit of pain killers and laptop). My knee caps did turn a shade of black but I gave up photographing their progression in favour of the more impressive bruise on my arm.