1. I have both an Australian & American driver's Licence as well as Motor Bike licences. I have an Aussie articulated heavy vehicle licence (tractor trailer) and a Boat Licence. I do not own any vehicles. Or a boat!
2. I learnt the piano for more than 7 years, the clarinet for 2 years and the guitar for less than a month. I learnt French by correspondence because my secondary school only offered cooking or sewing as electives for the Year 10 School Certificate.
3. I am a poor Aussie – I hate beer and I can barely swim. I learnt to swim in Adult swimming classes when I was 41 – needless to say I was the only Aussie in the class. I only learnt so I could go to the Great Barrier Reef – but when I got there they provided life jackets so I didn't need to swim anyway.
4. I won a bench press competition when I was nearly 40 yo – Most Reps of 70lbs. I did 35 reps and won a cool trophy.
5. When I was 19, I drank too much of many varieties of alcohol – I got alcoholic poisoning and was sick for 3 days. I did not drink again until my 30th birthday when I had a quarter of a glass of wine … I've been building up ever since!
6. I am more likely to burst into tears than stand up for myself. A couple of years ago work sent me to a workshop: "Managing Emotions under Pressure" - it was in a really bad part of town and I had trouble getting a taxi willing to come and pick me up after the course. I was standing on the footpath in tears - yep that course worked!
7. I have been married twice – neither of them "weddings" as such. The first one was in a hotel and my ex and I paid for 58 others to have dinner with us. The next day we went on a 3 week trip through Asia. Five days at the end were spent in Singapore – languishing in the Hilton with food poisoning – except for transfers to/from the airport that is all I saw of Singapore!!!
The second marriage was in a courthouse in Maryland. The justice was a naturalized citizen with a strong Latino accent. She called the astro-dweeb by his real name (instead of the middle name he goes by) and I was confused about who I was agreeing to marry' asking "who?". She had to run out to get her assistant to witness our signatures as we didn't have anyone with us. I'm pretty sure she thought I was only marrying for a green card!
8. I can be self deprecating .. there is really an intelligent thin woman inside me. She is stymied by blondness and chocolate!!!